Some of us teachers might be avoiding Halloween activities in the classroom for so many reasons:
- I’m teaching adults, you know; they just don’t care about this stuff.
- It’s just sooo commercialized. I’m not going to support it!
- A festival that endorses horror and fear? Well, not for my little angels, uh-uh.
- My students’ parents are dead against it. I don’t need another conflict.
- What’s that got to do with the cultural heritage of the people in this country? And don’t come up with that argument that I could have my students compare Halloween customs with our Poklade, busójárás, or farsang.
This one by Lemon.ly via visul.ly is more just for fun and a great visual prompt as a conversation starter for young adult and not so young adult learners.